Pan Fried Feta Cheese
|1/2 lb Feta cheese|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|lemon wedges for serving|
|black pepper to taste|
- Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and season well with black pepper.
- Toss the cheese in the flour to completely coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the cheese slices and cook for 1 minute or until brown and crusty underneath. Turn the cheese and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Before serving sprinkle with oregano and serve with lemon wedges.