Pan Fried Feta Cheese
- 1/2 lb Feta cheese
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- lemon wedges for serving
- black pepper to taste
- Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch slices.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and season well with black pepper.
- Toss the cheese in the flour to completely coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot add the cheese slices and cook for 1 minute or until brown and crusty underneath. Turn the cheese and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Before serving sprinkle with oregano and serve with lemon wedges.