Roasted Corn and Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno or Serrano chili, chopped with seeds
- 1 half red onion, minced
- juice of 1 lime and grated peel
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Add corn to a roasting pan with olive oil and using medium heat saute for about 3 to 4 minute until corn starts to blacken slightly.Remove corn from pan and allow to cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds and juice, Strain reserving 1/4 cup of juice.
- Roughly chop tomatoes.
- Chop jalapeno or Serrano into a small dice.
- Combine corn , tomatoes, strained juice, jalapeno, onion, grated lime peel and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.