Roasted Corn and Tomato Salsa
|1 cup of frozen or fresh corn kernels|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1 jalapeno or Serrano chili, chopped with seeds|
|1 half red onion, minced|
|juice of 1 lime and grated peel|
|1/4 cup cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Add corn to a roasting pan with olive oil and using medium heat saute for about 3 to 4 minute until corn starts to blacken slightly.Remove corn from pan and allow to cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half and squeeze out seeds and juice, Strain reserving 1/4 cup of juice.
- Roughly chop tomatoes.
- Chop jalapeno or Serrano into a small dice.
- Combine corn , tomatoes, strained juice, jalapeno, onion, grated lime peel and cilantro in a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.