Singapore Chili Shrimp
|2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on|
|3 tbs of garlic, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
|1 bunch of scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|3 tbs tomato paste|
|2 tbs chili garlic paste|
|4 tbs hot chilies chopped, with seeds|
|1/4 cup oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a very spicy dish that was originated using Crab in Hong Kong.
- In a wok or large saute pan add the oil using high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, hot chilies and scallions and stir continuously for several minutes.
- Add the shrimp, tomato paste and chili garlic paste and stir combining.
- Continue to stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice.