Spicy Sausage Roll Ups
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 5 sticks Cabanossi or other spicy sausage
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each pastry in half. Cut triangles with bases of 2 and 1/2 inches.
- Place a small dab of mustard at the base of each pastry piece.
- Cut the sausage into 2 and 3/4 inch lengths and place across the mustard on the pastry triangles.
- Dampen the tips of the triangles with a little water.
- Working from the base, roll each pastry triangle around the pieces of sausage. Press lightly to secure the tip to the rest of the pastry.
- Place the roll ups on a lightly greased baking tray and brush with a mixture of egg yolk and 2 tsp of cold water.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.