Spicy Tomato Relish
This relish has many uses. It works with chicken, pork or fish. It may also be spread on crusty bread.Ingredients:
- 1 lb of roma tomatoes
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red chili, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, chilies, chili powder, sugar and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until thickened.