|2 lbs of large shrimp|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|2 tsp ground turmeric|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp garam masala|
|2 drops red food coloring|
|2 lemons cut into wedges for serving|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This wonderful Indian Shrimp dish is spiced with mint, cilantro, ginger garlic, turmeric, and coriander.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the yogurt with the fresh coriander, mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the shrimp and mix well. Leave shrimp in mixture for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and food coloring in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread the prawns onto metal skewers and barbecue or grill for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers once, so the shrimp cooks evenly.
- The shrimp are ready when they start to curl and turn opaque.
- Serve on skewers with lemon wedges.