- 2 lbs of large shrimp
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 lemons cut into wedges for serving
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This wonderful Indian Shrimp dish is spiced with mint, cilantro, ginger garlic, turmeric, and coriander.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving tails on. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the yogurt with the fresh coriander, mint, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over the shrimp and mix well. Leave shrimp in mixture for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, chili powder, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and food coloring in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Thread the prawns onto metal skewers and barbecue or grill for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers once, so the shrimp cooks evenly.
- The shrimp are ready when they start to curl and turn opaque.
- Serve on skewers with lemon wedges.