Tex Mex Cheese Crisps
|1 and 3/4 cups plain flour|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1 tsp garlic salt|
|1/2 tsp paprika|
|6 and 1/2 oz butter, chopped|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|6 and 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated|
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly brush 2 baking trays with melted butter.
- Sift the flour, chili powder, garlic salt and paprika into a large bowl.
- Rub tthe butter into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and cheese and stir until the mixture comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gather together in a ball.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes with a 2 and 1/2 inch star shaped biscuit cutter.
- Place on the trays allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Leave on trays to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.