Thai Fish Cakes
|1 lb of firm white fish fillets (you may substitute 2 6 oz cans of albacore tuna)|
|4 Kaffir lime leaves, finely shreeded (available at Asian grocerys)|
|1 tbs Thai basil|
|2 tbs red curry paste|
|4 oz green beans, finely sliced|
|2 scallions, minced|
|oil for shallow frying|
|Cucumber Dipping Sauce:|
|1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped|
|3 tbs sweet chili sauce|
|2 tbs rice vinegar|
|1 tbs fresh cilantro|
|1 tbs sweet red bell pepper, chopped|
- Add the fish to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the lime leaves, basil, curry paste and process for 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the beans, red pepper, and scallions and mix well.
- Wet your hands and form level tablespoons of the mixture into small flat patties.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the fish cakes in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with the dipping sauce.