Barbecued Chinese Pork
|2 lbs pork tenderloin or roast|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs ginger, minced|
|3 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs honey|
|1 cup sherry|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|1 tsp 5 spice powder|
- Place all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and heat just until simmering. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool marinade until cold.
- Place pork in a large zip lock bag along with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning several times.
- When ready to cook, remove from marinade and cook over charcoal until desired doneness is reached.
- Brush marinade over meat often while cooking.
- Alternatively you may roast pork in a 375 degree oven until done.
- Slice pork and serve.