Barbecued Chinese Pork
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin or roast
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs ginger, minced
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 cup sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp 5 spice powder
- Place all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and heat just until simmering. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool marinade until cold.
- Place pork in a large zip lock bag along with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning several times.
- When ready to cook, remove from marinade and cook over charcoal until desired doneness is reached.
- Brush marinade over meat often while cooking.
- Alternatively you may roast pork in a 375 degree oven until done.
- Slice pork and serve.