- 1 medium bread fruit (available at Caribbean or Latin markets)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large carrot, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat a grill with charcoal. When the coals turn gray, put the bread fruit directly on the coals.
- Cook turning the bread fruit frequently until all sides are charred and black . This should take about 30 minutes. You will be able to tell when it’s done if you are able to pierce the bread fruit easily with a knife through the center.
- Allow bread fruit to cool, then cut in half and remove flesh. Chop into small pieces.
- Mix the bread fruit with the mayonnaise, lime juice, carrots, salt and pepper and mix well.