Easy Three Cheese Fondue
|1 garlic clove|
|1 and 1/2 cups dry white wine|
|2 and 1/2 cups Colby cheese, grated|
|1 and 1/4 cups Swiss cheese, grated|
|1 and 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated|
|2 tbs cornstarch|
|fresh cracked black pepper|
|French bread, cut into cubes|
|Fresh vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, baby corn and cauliflower)|
- Crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of a chef’s knife.
- Rub the garlic around the inside of a large microwave-proof bowl. Discard the garlic.
- Pour the wine into the bowl and heat uncovered for 3-4 minutes or until hot not boiling.
- Gradually add the Colby and Swiss cheeses, stirring well after each addition. Then add the mozzarella and stir until completely melted.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the cheese mixture.
- Season with black pepper.
- Cover the bowl and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring twice during cooking until the sauce is smooth.
- Cut the bread into cubes and the vegetables into batons, slices, and florets.
- To serve, keep the fondue warm in a fondue pan and reheat as necessary.
- Use fondue forks to dip the bread and vegetables.