Feta and Mozzarella Fritters
- 6 oz block feta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Cut the feta and mozzarella into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Combine the flour and 1/4 tsp of black pepper in a bowl.
- Toss the cheese the flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip the cheese into the egg a few pieces at a time.
- Coat with breadcrumbs and shake off the excess.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cheese and crumbs.
- Arrange on a foil lined tray and refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes.
- Heat several inches of oil to 350 degrees in a deep frying pan.
- Cook a few pieces of cheese at a time. Do not over crowd the pan. Cook for 2-3 inutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
- Fritters may be frozen for later use.