Herb and Cheese Mini Biscuits
|1 cup flour|
|3 and 1/2 oz butter, chopped|
|1 tbs sour cream|
|2 oz cheddar, grated|
|2 oz Parmesan, grated|
|3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped|
|3 tsp fresh chives, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with melted butter or oil.
- Sift flour and some salt and cracked black pepper in a bowl and add the chopped butter. Make sure the butter is cold.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the sour cream, cheeses and herbs and mix with a flat bladed knife.
- Press the mixture together with your fingers until it forms and soft dough.
- Press into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll level tsp’s of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared trays, leaving a little room between the biscuits for spreading.
- Flatten slightly with a lightly floured fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave until cold.