Herb Baked Ricotta
|2 lb wedge of ricotta (see note)|
|2 tbs fresh thyme leaves|
|2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary|
|2 tbs fresh oregano, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh chives|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp cracked black pepper|
- Pat the ricotta wedge dry with paper towels and place in a baking dish.
- Mix the herbs, garlic oil and cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon onto the ricotta and press on with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the ricotta is set.
- Serve on crackers and or on crusty bread.
- Note: If you can only ricotta in a container, drain overnight in a colander or bowl, in the refrigerator. Spread half the herb mixture in a loaf pan. Spoon the ricotta in a spread with remaining herbs before baking.