Homemade Egg Noodles
|2 cups ap flour, plus more for dusting|
|2 tbs water|
|2 tsp kosher salt for boiling water|
- Lightly spread flour on a large cutting board.
- Put 2 cups of flour on the board and make a well in the center.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, beat the eggs and add the water.
- Pour the egg mixture into the well and carefully combine gradually with the flour.
- Stir and work the mixture by hand folding the flour over the eggs until the dough can be rolled into a ball.
- Cut into two balls. Knead the first ball gently for a few minutes, dusting the board and hands with flour as needed.
- The dough should be slightly soft and smooth. Take care not to add too much flour as the dough gets dry and firm.
- Roll the dough into thin sheets.
- Flour the top of the dough. Turn over and flour the other side.
- Roll out again until very thin. So thin that you can almost see through.
- Flour and rolling pin and roll the sheet of dough into a long tube.
- Pull the rolling pin out and cut the dough into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- Repeat with the second ball of dough. The dough may be frozen for later use if desired.
- Drop the strips into boiling salted water and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Makes about 1 lb of noodles.