Hummus and Garlic Toasts
|1 (14oz) can of chick peas, drained and rinsed|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|6 tbs tahini (sesame paste)|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|fresh cilantro for garnish|
|black olives for garnish|
|1 ciabatta loaf, sliced|
|2 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 tbs cilantro, chopped|
|4 tbs olive oil|
- To make hummus, drain the chick peas and reserve a little of the liquid.
- Put the chick peas in a food processor and blend, gradually adding the reserved liquid and lemon juice.
- Blend well after each addition, until mixture is smooth.
- Pour in the tahini and then add all but 1 tsp of the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, season to taste and blend again until smooth.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving dish. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top, and then garnish with cilantro and and black olives.
- Let chill in the refrigerator while preparing the toasts.
- Lay the slices of ciabatta on a broiler rack in a single layer.
- Mix the garlic, cilantro and olive oil together and drizzle over the bread slices.
- Cook the bread under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with hummus.