Indian Lamb Kebobs
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 lbs lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 12 almonds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 5 tbs ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro
- Add garlic, almonds, poppy seeds, garam masala, curry powder, cayenne and yogurt to a food processor and process until a paste is formed.
- Add the lamb to a large zip lock bag and pour the paste over. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place the lamb on skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes and brush with the melted ghee.
- Grill for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side over hot coals.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
- You may also bake the kabobs until well browned in tender in a 400 degree oven.