Indian Lamb Kebobs
|6 cloves garlic|
|2 lbs lamb, trimmed and cubed|
|1 tsp poppy seeds|
|3 tsp garam masala|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 cups plain yogurt|
|5 tbs ghee (clarified butter)|
|2 bunches fresh cilantro|
- Add garlic, almonds, poppy seeds, garam masala, curry powder, cayenne and yogurt to a food processor and process until a paste is formed.
- Add the lamb to a large zip lock bag and pour the paste over. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Place the lamb on skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes and brush with the melted ghee.
- Grill for about 7 to 10 minutes on each side over hot coals.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
- You may also bake the kabobs until well browned in tender in a 400 degree oven.