Jamaican Manish Water (Goat Head Soup)
|Chopped up goat head|
|3 cloves garlic|
|3 tsp allspice seeds|
|1 tbs thyme|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|3-6 green bananas|
|1/2 lbs yam|
|3 small potatoes|
|1 whole scotch bonnet pepper|
|2 cups chicken stock|
- Wash chopped goat head.
- Put in a large stock pot with enough chicken stock and water to cover the meat.
- Add 1 tbs of kosher salt and the allspice seeds.
- Add 5 crushed garlic cloves.
- Cook using medium high for 2 hours.
- Add the peeled potatoes. Add more water or stock if necessary.
- Peel and cut up the green bananas in 1 inch pieces.
- Add the yam once the bananas are almost done.
- When almost done season with black pepper thyme and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Let soup simmer for another 30 minutes. Take care not to let the scotch bonnet pepper burst open.