Mini Ham Pepper Mozzarella Ciabatta Pizzas
|2 red bell peppers|
|2 yellow bell peppers|
|1 loaf ciabatta bread|
|8 slices prosciutto or other thinly sliced ham, cut into thin strips|
|6 ozs mozzarella cheese|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|basil leaves to garnish|
- Preheat a grill or broiler. Grill the peppers on all sides until they are black all over.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover for 5 to 10 minutes or until the skins become loose.
- Peel off the skins. Do not rinse the peppers.
- Cut the bread into 8 thick slices and toast both sides until golden.
- Cut up the roasted peppers into thick strips and arrange them on the bread along with the strips of prosciutto.
- Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese and arrange on top. Season with a little salt and a lot of black pepper.
- Place under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.