Mini Quiche Lorraine
|3 sheets puff pastry, thawed|
|4 oz Gruyere cheese, grated|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|1 oz butter|
|12 slices bacon, finely choppedd|
|3/4 cups cream|
|1/2 tsp ground nutmeg|
|fresh chives, chopped, for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Lightly grease two12 hole round mini pastry tins.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a 3 inch round cutter, cut rounds of pastry and fit in the tins.
- Divide the cheese evenly among the pastry tins.
- Cover and refrigerate while making the filling.
- Heat the butter in a small pan and cook the bacon and onion for 3 minutes or until the onion is tender and the bacon is slightly crispy.
- Drain on paper towels. When cool divide the mixture evenly among the pastry tins.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with the cream, nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
- Carefully spoon into tins over bacon and cheese mixture.
- Garnish with chives.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Serve warm.