Mushroom Risotto Fritters
|3 and 1/4 cups of vegetable stock|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|3/4 oz butter|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 cup Aborio rice|
|5oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1 and 1/4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated|
|oil for shallow frying|
- Put the stock in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and keep at a simmer.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy based pan and add the onion and stir over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add 1/2 cup of stock to the rice and stir continuously until absorbed.
- Add more stock, stirring constantly, until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is just tender and creamy. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan and remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cool and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- With wet hands, shape tbs of the mixture into flat rounds. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat about 3/4 inch of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees.
- Cook fritters in batches for 3 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.