Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket
- 6 to 7 lb beef brisket
- kosher salt
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 small bottle ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs liquid smoke
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 6 tbs butter
- kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Here is a method that you use to make a delicious brisket with smokey flavor in the oven.
- Rub liquid smoke and salt on both sides of brisket.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day sprinkle onion and garlic of both sides of meat.
- Wrap tightly in heavy duty foil.
- Place in a large pan and bake at 300 degrees for 5 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate overnight and prepare sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in sauce pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cooked meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot. About 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.