Oven Barbecued Beef Brisket
|6 to 7 lb beef brisket|
|1 large onion sliced|
|4 cloves garlic, sliced|
|3 tbs brown sugar|
|1 small bottle ketchup|
|1/2 cup water|
|2 tbs liquid smoke|
|3 tsp dry mustard|
|2 tsp celery seed|
|6 tbs butter|
|kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Here is a method that you use to make a delicious brisket with smokey flavor in the oven.
- Rub liquid smoke and salt on both sides of brisket.
- Wrap in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day sprinkle onion and garlic of both sides of meat.
- Wrap tightly in heavy duty foil.
- Place in a large pan and bake at 300 degrees for 5 hours.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate overnight and prepare sauce.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in sauce pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cooked meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot. About 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.