Mexican Re Fried Beans with Tortillas
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 (14oz) can of kidney beans, drained|
|1 (14oz) can of pinto beans, drained|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2/3 cup chicken stock|
|8 flour tortillas|
|1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tbs wine vinegar|
|1 tsp superfine sugar|
|1 tomato chopped|
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilie and cook for 1 minute.
- put all the beans into a bowl and mash with a potato masher or place in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the beans to the skilled with the onions and garlic and cilantro.
- Stir in the chicken stock and cook the beans and reduce the mixture for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the tortillas on a cookie sheet and heat through in a warm oven for 1-2 minutes.
- To make the relish, put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together well.
- Spoon the beans into serving dishes and tow with the cheese.
- Season well.
- Roll the warm tortillas and serve with the relish and beans.