- 7 and 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, shredded
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 1 and 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 4 tbs fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano etc)
- 1/2 lb baby spinach
- 3 tbs fresh plain yogurt
- shredded leeks for garnish
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This risotto is flavored with baby spinach and fresh herbs and white wine.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a large sauce ban and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a separate pan and cook the garlic and leeks for 2-3 minutes until softened, but not browned.
- Stir in the rice and cook , stirring constantly until translucent and well coated with oil.
- Pour in half of the wine and a little bit of the hot vegetable stock.
- Cook over gentle heat until until all of the liquid has be absorbed.
- Gradually stir in the remaining stock and wine and then coo over low heat for 25 minutes or until the rice is creamy.
- Stir in the mixed herbs and baby spinach and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the shredded leeks.