|7 and 1/2 cups of vegetable stock|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 leeks, shredded|
|2 cups Aborio rice|
|1 and 1/4 cups dry white wine|
|4 tbs fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano etc)|
|1/2 lb baby spinach|
|3 tbs fresh plain yogurt|
|shredded leeks for garnish|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This risotto is flavored with baby spinach and fresh herbs and white wine.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a large sauce ban and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a separate pan and cook the garlic and leeks for 2-3 minutes until softened, but not browned.
- Stir in the rice and cook , stirring constantly until translucent and well coated with oil.
- Pour in half of the wine and a little bit of the hot vegetable stock.
- Cook over gentle heat until until all of the liquid has be absorbed.
- Gradually stir in the remaining stock and wine and then coo over low heat for 25 minutes or until the rice is creamy.
- Stir in the mixed herbs and baby spinach and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the shredded leeks.