Savory Meat Marinade
|2 tbs dried rosemary (if you use fresh reduce to 1 tbs)|
|2 tbs dried thyme, crumbled|
|1 bay leaf crumbled|
|1/2 head garlic, peeled|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
This marinade works equally on chicken, beef, pork or lamb.
- Grind rosemary, thyme and bay leaf in a food processor.
- With machine running, add the peeled garlic cloves through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except meat, and puree until it becomes a paste.
- Place the meat of choice in a glass baking dish.
- Rub with paste, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day barbecue meat over hot coals.
- Recipe can be doubled.