Savory Meat Marinade
- 2 tbs dried rosemary (if you use fresh reduce to 1 tbs)
- 2 tbs dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf crumbled
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
This marinade works equally on chicken, beef, pork or lamb.
- Grind rosemary, thyme and bay leaf in a food processor.
- With machine running, add the peeled garlic cloves through the feed tube and process until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except meat, and puree until it becomes a paste.
- Place the meat of choice in a glass baking dish.
- Rub with paste, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day barbecue meat over hot coals.
- Recipe can be doubled.