Shrimp in Phylo with Mint and Lime
- 8 jumbo shrimp, unpeeled and cooked
- 4 large sheets of phylo pastry
- 1/3 cup butter
- 16 large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tbs fresh dill
- juice of 1 lime
- Keep the sheets of phylo pastry covered with a dry, clean cloth to keep them moist.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut one sheet of phylo pastry in half width ways and brush with some of the melted butter
- Place one half on top of the other.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the shrimp in half down the back of the shrimp and remove the vein.
- Place four shrimp in the center of the double layer of filo pastry and sprinkle a quarter of the mint, dill and lime juice over the top.
- Fold over the sides, brush with butter and roll up to make a parcel.
- Make three more parcels the same way. Place all the parcels, joint side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve immediately, garnished with whole shrimp, lime wedges and extra chopped mint.