- 40 wooden skewers. about 4 inches long
- 1 lb veal filet
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 2 oz sage leaves
- 1 oz butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs dry sherry
- Soak the wooden skewers in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the veal fillet into thin slices, about measuring roughly (1 and 1/2 x 2 and 1/2 inches).
- Cut the prosciutto slices smaller than the veal.
- Top each piece of veal with a piece of prosciutto, then a fresh sage leaf.
- Weave a skewer through all the layers to secure.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a large saute pan, add the skewers and cook over high heat until the veal is brown, turning to brown all sides.
- Drizzle half he sherry over the cooked veal and gently shake the pan.
- Remove the skewers from the pan, pouring any juices over the skewers.
- Serve when warm.
- Recipe may be halved or quartered.