|40 wooden skewers. about 4 inches long|
|1 lb veal filet|
|10 slices prosciutto|
|2 oz sage leaves|
|1 oz butter|
|2 tsp olive oil|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
- Soak the wooden skewers in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Cut the veal fillet into thin slices, about measuring roughly (1 and 1/2 x 2 and 1/2 inches).
- Cut the prosciutto slices smaller than the veal.
- Top each piece of veal with a piece of prosciutto, then a fresh sage leaf.
- Weave a skewer through all the layers to secure.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a large saute pan, add the skewers and cook over high heat until the veal is brown, turning to brown all sides.
- Drizzle half he sherry over the cooked veal and gently shake the pan.
- Remove the skewers from the pan, pouring any juices over the skewers.
- Serve when warm.
- Recipe may be halved or quartered.