Batter Fried Chicken
|2 1/2 lbs chicken parts, breasts, drumsticks, thighs and wings|
|1 cup flour|
|1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tbs onion powder|
|1 tbs paprika|
|2 tsp dried sage or poultry seasoning|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup buttermilk|
|oil for deep frying|
This chicken is super crispy and seasoned perfectly.
- Wash and dry the chicken parts.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour to a large bowl, then add the baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and sage. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk to the flour and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Meanwhile in a deep fryer or large sauce fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Once oil is hot dip the chicken pieces in the batter and let the excess drip off.
- Add the chicken in batches to the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Cooking time will vary as wings, breasts, thighs and drumsticks cook at different rates. We suggest that you fry each part together.. Wings with wings, breasts ect.
- Cook chicken until golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.