Batter Fried Chicken
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken parts, breasts, drumsticks, thighs and wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp dried sage or poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- oil for deep frying
This chicken is super crispy and seasoned perfectly.
- Wash and dry the chicken parts.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour to a large bowl, then add the baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and sage. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk to the flour and mix until smooth and well combined.
- Meanwhile in a deep fryer or large sauce fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- Once oil is hot dip the chicken pieces in the batter and let the excess drip off.
- Add the chicken in batches to the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Cooking time will vary as wings, breasts, thighs and drumsticks cook at different rates. We suggest that you fry each part together.. Wings with wings, breasts ect.
- Cook chicken until golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.