Black Pasta with Ricotta
- 3/4 lb black pasta
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilie, seeded and minced
- Small handful of fresh basil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Black pasta is typically colored with squid ink, which has a citrus like flavor.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water until aldente. About 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the ricotta in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a little hot water from the pasta pan to mix it to a smooth consistency.
- Drain the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil gently in a clean pan and add the pasta with the chili and salt and pepper to taste. Toss quickly over high heat to combine.
- Divide the pasta equally among four bowls, then top with the ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle with the basil and serve.