Black Pasta with Ricotta
|3/4 lb black pasta|
|1/4 cup ricotta cheese|
|4 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 small red chilie, seeded and minced|
|Small handful of fresh basil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
Black pasta is typically colored with squid ink, which has a citrus like flavor.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water until aldente. About 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the ricotta in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a little hot water from the pasta pan to mix it to a smooth consistency.
- Drain the pasta.
- Heat the olive oil gently in a clean pan and add the pasta with the chili and salt and pepper to taste. Toss quickly over high heat to combine.
- Divide the pasta equally among four bowls, then top with the ricotta cheese.
- Sprinkle with the basil and serve.