|1 package dry rapid rise yeast|
|1/4 cup lukewarm water|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup butter|
|4 cups flour|
|1/2 cup milk|
- Stir yeast into the warm water.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar and 2 tsp kosher salt until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and milk.
- Separate 1 egg. Add the yolk and remaining 3 whole eggs to the beaten mixture.
- Add the yeast and beat well. Stir in remaining flour and beat until smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until dough doubles. About 2 hours.
- Refrigerate dough, covered for 6 hours.
- Grease twenty four 2 and 1/2 inch muffin tins and set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and punch it down.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface. Divide the dough into 4 portions, setting 1 portion aside.
- Divide each of the remaining 3 portions into 8 pieces for a total of 24.
- To shape, pull each piece into a ball tucking edges beneath.
- Place in prepared muffin tins.
- divide the reserved dough portion into 24 pieces. Shape into balls.
- Using a floured finger, make an indentation en each ball and press a small ball into each indentation.
- Combine the reserved egg white and 1 tbs of water. Brush over rolls.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place till double. About 1 hour
- Bake in a 375 degree over for 15 minutes or until light and golden, brushing again with the egg mixture after 7 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cook.