Carrot and Fennel Soup
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 lb of baby carrots, shredded
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 lb of new potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tbs heavy cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the scallions, fennel, celery, carrots and cumin.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the diced potatoes and stock and increase the heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Puree the soup in the pan with a hand-held blender.
- Stir in the cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls and garnish with parsley.