Chicken Florentine with Smoked Salmon
- 6 (4oz) chicken breasts
- 10oz spinach, chopped
- 6 oz Havarti cheese
- 6 oz smoked salmon
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 2 cups Veloute sauce
This recipe offers a twist on the classic chicken Florentine. It adds smoked salmon with a creamy Veloute sauce.
- Pound the chicken breasts flat with a meat mallet.
- Chop the spinach fine
- Place 1 and 1/2 oz of spinach, 1 oz cheese and 1 oz salmon on each breast.
- Roll chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush with melted butter and place on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Place each breast on serving dishes and pour the Veloute’ sauce over.
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, add the flour and stir, cooking for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.