Mexican Chili Bean Dip
|2 cloves garlic|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|2 tsp hot chili powder|
|1 14 oz can on kidney beans|
|3/5 cup jack cheese, grated|
|1 red chili|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|juice of 1 lime|
- Finely chop the garlic and onions.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapenos and mince.
- Heat the canola oil in a saute pan and add the garlic, onion, chilies and chili powder. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the kidney beans, reserving the can juice. Add all but 2 tbs of the beans to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the pureed beans to the pan along with the lime juice.
- Cook over low heat stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the reserved whole beans and the grated jack cheese. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slit the red chilies and remove and discard the seeds, then cut into strips.
- Add the dip to a serving bowl and sprinkle the chili strips and cilantro as a garnish.