Chili Cheese Tortilla with Salsa
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1 small onion, thinly sliced|
|3 jalapeno peppers, sliced|
|1/2 lb potatoes, chilled and sliced|
|1 cup Mexican queso blanco cheese|
|6 eggs beaten|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|fresh herbs for garnish|
|1/4 lb tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely diced|
|1 green Chile, seeded and chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|1/2 small onion, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
- To make the salsa combine all ingredients in a non metallic bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the tortilla, heat half the oil in a large omelette pan.
- Add the onion, jalapenos and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the sliced potato and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, taking care to keep the slices whole.
- Transfer the vegetables to a warm plate.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper, then pour in the remaining oil.
- Heat well and return the vegetable mixture to the pan. Sprinkle grated cheese evenly over the top.
- Pour the beaten eggs, making sure that they seep underneath the vegetables.
- Cook tortilla over a low heat until set.
- Serve in wedges garnished with fresh herbs and the salsa on the side.