Colombian Torta Sandwich
- 2 soft large French rolls, cut in half
- 4 tbs melted butter
- 2 pork cutlets, fried on grill
- 2 chorizo sauces, fried on grill
- 1 hot dog, cut in half
- 2 large eggs fried, medium
- 2 slices of jack cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 6 tbs mayonnaise
- 4 tbs avocado, mashed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a huge sandwich that is available in many places in Columbia as well as many other countries in Latin America.
- Cut French rolls in half and brush both sides with butter. Toast on a flat top or in a large saute pan. Set aside.
- On a flat top or large saute pan, saute the pork cutlets and set aside.
- Split the hot dogs and chorizo length wise and cook on a flat top or in a saute pan.
- Fry the eggs over easy in a saute pan.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.
- Top each bottom slice of bread with 1 pork cutlet, 1 chorizo sausage and 1 hot dog.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with jalapenos and place a slice of cheese on each sandwich.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally add a large dolup of mashed avocado.
- Top with the other half of the roll, and cut in half.