|1/2 lb of lump crab meat, picked over|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 hard boiled egg, chopped|
|1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded|
|2 tbs roasted red peppers, chopped|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup fine bread crumbs|
|1 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted|
- In a medium sauce pan melt 2 tbs of butter then stir in the flour. Whisk until a smooth paste forms. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add the half and half to the pan and whisk to combine until a smooth sauce forms. About 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, Swiss cheese, roasted red peppers and mustard. Stir to combine.
- Add the crab meat and mix being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Spoon mixture into 4 (6oz) custard cups or into a 8 oz glass casserole dish.
- Toss the bread crumbs in the melted butter and place atop the crab, then sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the bread crumbs and almonds had lightly browned.
- Recipe may be doubled.