|1 lb flounder fillets|
|1 and 1/4 cups milk|
|1 lb cooked potatoes|
|1 fennel bulb, finely chopped|
|3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 cups white breadcrumbs|
|2 tbs sesame seeds|
|canola oil for deep frying|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Gently poach the fish in the milk for about 15 minutes, until it flakes easily.
- Drain and reserve the milk.
- In a food processor, process until smooth the fish, potatoes, fennel, parsley, eggs and butter.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add 2 tbs of the reserved cooking milk. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill for 40 minutes, then shape into twenty even-sized fritters.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow dish, then roll the croquettes in this mixture to form a good coating.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry in small batches for about 4 minutes or until the are golden all over.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.