Four Cheese Risotto
|1 and 2/4 cups Aborio rice|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 small onion, minced|
|5 cups chicken stock|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded|
|1/2 cup Taleggio cheese, diced|
|1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, diced|
|2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish|
- Melt the butter in a large heavy saute pan.
- Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Pour the stock into a separate pan and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Add the rice to the pan with the onion and stir until the grains are coated well with butter and starting to swell.
- Add the wine and stir until most of it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Pour a little of the hot stock and continue to stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add the remaining stock a little at a time and continue to stir until all of the stock has been absorbed.
- After about 25 minutes the rice will be tender and creamy.
- Turn off the heat under the pan and add the Gruyere, Taleggio, Gorgonzola and 2 tbs of the Parmesan.
- Stir gently until the cheeses have melted, then taste and adjust seasoning.
- Spoon the risotto into a bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve the Parmesan on the side.