Fried Rice Balls Stuffed with Mozzarella
|2 cups of cooked jasmine rice|
|1 cup flour|
|fine panko bread crumbs|
|1/4 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes|
|canola oil for deep frying|
- Cook rice according to package directions. Allow to cool completely
- Beat 2 eggs along with 2 tbs of flour and stir them into the rice. Mix well.
- Use your hands to form the rice mixture into balls, a little larger than golf balls. If the mixture is too moist to hold it’s shape well, stir in a few spoonfuls of breadcrumbs.
- Poke a hole in the center of each ball with your finger, then fill it with a small cube of mozzarella then close the hole with the rice mixture.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Spread out some flour on a plate.
- Beat the remaining egg in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle another plate with breadcrumbs.
- Roll the rice balls in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the rice balls, a few at a time in the hot oil until golden and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.