|1 and 1/4 lb of baking potatoes|
|1 cup feta cheese|
|4 scallions, chopped|
|3 tbs fresh dill, chopped|
|1 egg beaten|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|flour for dredging|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|dill sprigs and shredded scallions for garnish|
|lemon wedges for serving|
These are savory Greek potato cakes with feta cheese.
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in lightly salted boiling water until soft.
- Drain and cool slightly, then chop them in half and peel while still warm.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Crumble the eta cheese into the potatoes then add the scallions, dill, egg and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Easy on the salt as the feta is very salty. Mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Divide the mixture into walnut sized balls, then flatten them slightly.
- Dredge with flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and cook the Polpettes in batches until golden brown on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve garnished with dill sprigs and shredded scallions along with lemon wedges.