Honey Orange Smoked Salmon
|2 lbs wild salmon|
|1 cup orange juice|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1/2 cup brown sugar|
This salmon is bathed in Brown Sugar, orange juice and honey and smoked over low heat for several hours.
- In a charcoal smoker or barbecue grill start charcoal. If you are using a grill place charcoal to the side.
- In a glass baking dish place the salmon. Drizzle with the orange juice and honey.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over.
- Once the coals are ready add some hickory or oak chips and place the salmon on the grill, not directly over the coals.
- Smoke the salmon for two hours adding more chips if necessary.