Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Manchego Baguettes
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1 large orange of yellow pepper cut into strips|
|4 large garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes|
|2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|3/4 cup dry white wine|
|1 tbs parsley, chopped|
|16 lemon wedges (4 lemons)|
|1 French baguette, cut into 1 inch slices|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|3 oz Manchego cheese shredded ( you may substitute the cheese of your choice)|
This is a wonderful appetizer with savory shrimp atop Manchego and sweet pepper layered baguette slices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguettes in to 24 slices. Place on a foil covered baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and top each with some cheese.
- Bake until cheese is slightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over low heat. Add bell peppers and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with flour, shaking off excess. Turn the heat to medium high add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 1 minute, turning once.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine and parsley. Simmer until liquid has reduced slightly and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assemble the shrimp and several strips of red and orange pepper atop each baguette slice.
- Serve with lemon wedges.