Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Manchego Baguettes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large orange of yellow pepper cut into strips
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs of large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 16 lemon wedges (4 lemons)
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz Manchego cheese shredded ( you may substitute the cheese of your choice)
This is a wonderful appetizer with savory shrimp atop Manchego and sweet pepper layered baguette slices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice baguettes in to 24 slices. Place on a foil covered baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and top each with some cheese.
- Bake until cheese is slightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over low heat. Add bell peppers and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Toss the shrimp with flour, shaking off excess. Turn the heat to medium high add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 1 minute, turning once.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine and parsley. Simmer until liquid has reduced slightly and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assemble the shrimp and several strips of red and orange pepper atop each baguette slice.
- Serve with lemon wedges.