Mexican Tomato Sauce
|1 lb of roma tomatoes|
|1 tbs Mexican oregano|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tsp cumin|
This is a light flavorful sauce that can be used to drizzle over tamales, burritos or enchiladas.
- Add the tomatoes to a large saucepan filled with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1/2 hour using medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes to the blender and reserve the cooking water.
- Blend the tomatoes and add some of the cooking water until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add the oregano, salt, cumin and blend again.
- Note: Alternatively you may roast the tomatoes in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or you may roast them over charcoal turning frequently.