Mushroom Ricotta Pate
|1 and 1/2 oz butter|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 lb mixed mushrooms|
|3 scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1/4 lb ricotta cheese|
|1/4 lb cream cheese, softened|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is wonderful spread on crackers or crusty bread.
- Melt the butter along with 1 tbs olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the mushrooms and 2 crushed cloves of garlic.
- Cook until the mushrooms have softened and the mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the chopped scallions. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the a food processor along with the lemon juice, ricotta and cream cheese and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a covered dish and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.