|2 and 1/2 lbs veal shanks, cut into 2 and 1/2 inch pieces|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 14 oz can diced tomatoes|
|1 cup onions, minced|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/2 cup carrot, chopped|
|1/2 cup beef stock|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|2 tsp Italian seasoning|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Trim fat from meat and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Dip the shanks into the flour and cover well. Shake off excess.
- In an oven proof saute pan brown the veal shanks all over. Drain off fat.
- Pour the tomatoes, onions, celery, carrot, beef stock, white wine, Italian seasoning and garlic into the pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Add the meat to a platter, increase heat to medium heat and reduce the liquid by half.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and garnish with parsley.