- 2 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh fine breadcrumbs
- In a sauce pan add a little water and cook the spinach and onions for several minutes.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and place in paper towels and squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Open the oysters and discard the top shells.
- Combine the spinach mixture with 2 tbs of the butter, parsley and garlic.
- Spoon 1 tsp of the mixture on top of each oyster.
- Toss together the bread crumbs with the remaining butter and top each oyster with the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with rock salt and place the oysters on top.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl.