Pork Stuffed Mushrooms
|2 lbs button mushrooms|
|1 stick butter|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1/4 lb ground pork|
|1/3 lb chorizo sausage|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|2 tbs dry bread crumbs|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms then finely chop. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat, add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft.
- Increase the heat to high and add the ground pork and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the mushroom stalks and chorizo and continue cooking for 1 minute or until the mixture is dry and browned.
- Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, then transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Spoon about 1 and 1/2 tsp of the cooled meat into the mushroom caps, smoothing the top so that the filling is slightly domed.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.