Potato and Red Pepper Frittata
|2 lbs small new potatoes|
|4 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|2 onions, chopped|
|4 garlic cloves, crushed|
|4 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|Mint sprigs and crisp bacon to garnish|
- Add the potatoes in their skins to a large pot of cold water. Bring to a boil, add salt and cook until tender.
- Drain and let cool slightly, then cut the potatoes into thick slices.
- Whisk together half the eggs, mint and seasoning in a large bowl, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan that can be used under a broiler.
- Add half the onion, garlic, peppers and potatoes to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the frying pan and stir gently. Gently push the mixture towards the center of the pan.
- As it cooks allow the un-cooked liquid egg to run on to the base and cook completely.
- Continue to cook over medium heat.
- Meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- When the frittata is lightly set, place the pan under the hot broiler fro 2-3 minutes , or until the top is light golden brown.
- Make another frittata with the other half of the ingredients,
- Serve hot or cold, cut into wedges.
- Garnish with mint leaves and crispy bacon.