This sauce is wonderful draped over fish or chicken, beef or pork.
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbs parsley chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes with sugar. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan add the olive oil, scallions and garlic and cook using medium heat until tender. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato mixture, wine and parsley. Bring to a boil the reduce heat to medium and gently cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.