Rum Raisin Carrot Bread
|3/4 cup golden raisins|
|1/4 cup rum|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp ground allspice|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|3/4 cups chopped walnuts|
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 8×12 loaf pan. Set aside
- In a bowl stir together the raisins and rum and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the egg, carrots and canola oil. Stir in the raisin mixture.
- Add the egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir until just moistened. Batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.